When we started Steamy Tech in 2012, we needed a place to sell our products online. At that point Etsy was the obvious choice. But now, almost 3 years later, we knew we had to have a website of our own. One that we could use to point you, our fans, to a place you could buy products, where you could find out where we would be next, and where we could tell you about what we're doing.
So, how do you go about doing that? First, you do some research about all the available online sales platforms. We had to decide between a host of options:
- Do we write a site completely on our own?
- Do we use an existing e-commerce platform that we already know?
- Or do we go to some completely different direction and pick a new e-commerce platform and use it.
The requirements were fairly simple. We knew we wanted:
- A great look and feel
- Good and secure credit card processing
- To be able to control the look of each page and add the new pages we needed
- Being able to put video on each page
- And finally, to be able to do it all quickly
The choice we made, Shopify!
Yes, you're looking at the new Steamy Tech Shopify store. Please, let us know what you think.
Share this post